It is important to take responsibility for our impact on the environment.
Since we are an organization that arranges many events for our members, we work proactively to minimize our negative climate impact by having an environmental mindset in our processes.
IMA aims to bring awareness, inspire and motivate members and partners to act as role model in contributing to a sustainable world.
We has chosen four areas as the most important to address to minimize our negative environmental footprint when it comes to our events.
• Reduce our carbon emissions
• Reduce our paper consumption
• Reduce our meat and dairy consumption
• Reduce our plastic waste
Guiding Principles for IMA
• We encourage members to travel to our events as much as possible in a climate-friendly way.
• We offer webinars and promote digital solutions for meetings.
• We aim to be digital and we only print when necessary.
• When we need to print we print on both sides.
• We offer as much as possible food that is ecological, seasonal and locally produced.
• We offer as much as possible a high share of plant-based (vegetarian and/or vegan) food and aim for a smaller amount of meat and dairy products.
• We aim to reduce food waste and chose suppliers and conference places that recycle food/waste.
• We aim to reduce our plastic consumption and waste at events.
• We are conscious of what products we buy and brand as IMA products.
Suppliers & partners
• We aim to only partner with organizations that work with sustainability.
• We challenge our current partners to take a greater responsibility for climate impact.